Michigan Stadium Rules
Please pay lots of attention to the below rules and regulations to ensure your safety at the game and for others. These are basic rules that all fans must adhere to enjoy the game at its best.
University of Michigan’s Regents Ordinance:
- NO alcohol, possession and/or consumption in any University facility, arena or stadium where any event is taking place, athletic or otherwise.
- Throwing, projecting or dropping any projectile or object that could cause injury, damage or interference in the spectator or playing area is strictly prohibited.
- Unauthorized entry onto the playing surface before, during or after the event is prohibited.
There will be consequences, such as lawsuits and fines, to offenders who are found guilty of breaking any of the University’s Ordinance guide and rules. Fans should be on their best behavior so that everyone can enjoy the game together.
- Foam seat pads
- Small non-pocket seat cushions without storage slots
- Binoculars (w/o cases)
- Cell phones and pagers
- Small cameras (those with a lens shorter than 6 inches) and radios
- Blankets and rain apparel, except umbrellas
- All bags (including purses, fanny packs, etc.) except clear plastic bags
- All bottles (including all types of water bottles)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Aerosol and spray cans
- Any tobacco-based products and/or e-cigarettes
- Animals (except service animals for persons with a disability)
- Apparel or signage displaying profane or abusive language
- Containers of any kind (including coolers, thermoses, cups, cans, flasks)
- Flags and flagpoles
- Food of any kind
- Irritants (eg. noisemakers, horns, whistles)
- Projectiles (including footballs, Frisbees and beach balls)
- Seat cushions containing any type of metal or those with pockets, storage slots, seat
- Any unmanned and/or remote-controlled aircraft (drone)
- backs, armrests, or attachments of any kind
- Video camera, tripods, and selfie sticks
- Any other item that may obstruct or impair the view or enjoyment of another attendee
No re-entry is permitted except for an emergency. Guests who need to exit Michigan Stadium for emergencies must see the Gate Supervisor through which they exit/re-enter prior to exiting.
Rules may vary based on the changes in national and regional security levels. Medical exceptions will be addressed individually at the gates thus, please inform security if you have any special needs.